How To Setup HP Printer For Dummies, Visit – 123.hp.com/setup
Printers have become part of our day-to-day lives in the last one-and-a-half decade. For instance, whether it’s your kid’s homework or the monthly report to your boss. Naturally, therefore, many households in the modern world have a home printer. Also, the demand for printers is still rising.
However, a printer is no simple machine & at times can get a bit complicated to operate. Thus, it’s evident that many first-time printer owners may need some guidance in setting up their devices.
That is why today we will discuss how to set up a printer properly.
General Guide to Set Up HP Printer
Setting up your printer is a pretty basic process. However, it can still be a task for people owning a printer for the first time. Thus, below is a step-by-step guide on setting up your HP Printer. If you have any queries regarding the components of your product, refer to the user manual.
- User Manual
- Firstly, visit the Printer Support section on the official HP website.
- Secondly, scroll down to ” Identify your printer.”
- Enter your printer model name and click on Submit.
- Or, click on “Let HP Detect your Product.”
- Thirdly, on the content table on the left, click on Manuals.
- Lastly, click on the manual with the language you prefer.
- Printer Setup
- Firstly, unbox the printer & spread all the components separately on a clean surface.
- Secondly, remove all the tapes and protective covering from the product. Then open the carriage access cover, and remove the protective covering from it.
- Then, take the paper loading tray and install it on the printer, as directed by the manual.
- After that, unwrap the power cable and plug one end into the power socket. Then locate the power socket on your printer. Mostly, it’s on the back of the printer. Once you locate the power socket on the printer, plug the other end of the cable in it.
- Once the printer is powered on, select your language & region on the printer’s control panel.
*Every printer series have a different method of setting preferences. Thus, refer to your manual for more minute settings.
- After that, take the connector cable and plug one end onto the back of your printer and the other onto the USB slot of your system. On the other hand, if you have a smart/wireless printer. In that case:
- Firstly, make sure that both your printer & system are in the range of your Wi-Fi router.
- Secondly, put your printer into Wi-Fi setup mode. Then download the HP Smart App/HP Easy Start App.
- Thirdly, open the app, search for a printer & select your printer to add it.
- Lastly, feed a stack of paper into the paper loading tray. And your printer is now ready to use.
Now you know how to set up your HP printer. However, installing the ink cartridge is no easy task. Thus, we have another guide on installing the ink cartridge on your printer below.
How to Install an HP Ink Cartridge?
There are several types of ink cartridges produced by HP alone, and all have slightly different installation methods. However, the basic idea is the same. Thus, below are the step-by-step instructions on installing an ink cartridge on your HP printer.
- Firstly, put your printer into carriage access mode. In case your printer doesn’t have that option, just lift the carriage access cover till it locks in place.
- Secondly, pull the latch at the side of the carriage to unlock the ink cartridge.
- Thirdly, grab the ink cartridge you wish to replace and pull it out gently.
- Then take a clean microfibre cloth and gently rub the printheads to remove the residual ink and debris.
- After that, take the new cartridge/s, put them into the slot, and gently press them down. First, however, make sure to match the cartridge into its relative slot using the color symbols on the carriage.
- Lastly, put the latch back down and close the carriage access lid. Your printer is now ready to use.
Printer Set Up Using HP Printer Assistant
A first-time printer owner may have trouble setting up & using a printer. Thus, HP provides an HP Printer Assistant along with every HP printer. However, in order to use the HP Printer Assistant, you need first to install it. Thus, below is a step-by-step process of using the HP Printer Assistant.
- Firstly, download the HP Printer Assistant
- Then, click it open and click on Next, accept the terms of the agreement and continue to finish the setup.
- Open the HP Printer Assistant and click on Add HP Device.
- Then, click on Detect My Devices or enter your Product Serial Number.
- After that, click on Find My Device.
- Once the app locates your device, select it from the list and follow the instructions to complete the setup.
*Your HP printer is now ready to use.
How to Connect Your Phone to HP Printer?
A smartphone is like having a mini-computer in your palm; phones can now even edit and make documents, photos, etc. Thus, it is fair to say that they should be able to use printers to print such documents. Therefore, keeping that in mind, HP has developed the HP Smart App that allows your Hp printers to connect to your phones.
In order to use this app:
- Firstly, download the HP Smart App from the official websites.
- Secondly, install the app and then tap it open and sign in/up on the app.
*Make sure the printer and your phone are in the range of your Wi-Fi router. Then turn on your phone’s Bluetooth and location services.
- Thirdly, tap on the “+” symbol or Add Printer option. Then select your printer’s name and complete the setup by following the instructions.
*To sum up, your printer is now connected to your smartphone and is ready to use.
How to Connect a New Wireless Network Connection?
Firstly, when you establish a wireless connection with your printer, you should follow these instructions:
- Visit the section of the Control Panel &choose the wireless option
- Next, tap on the wizard of “Wireless Setup” & then answer all of the instructions
- Choose the precise network name from the network names’ list
- Enter the user name and password and click on “OK.’
- Choose the document that you want to get printed and click on the “Print” option to begin printing
Also Read:- HP Print And Scan Doctor 5.1 Download
How Do I Connect My Printer to My Computer using 123.hp.com/setup?
To connect the printer with the computer, you can take online help directly at 123.hp.com/setup. Visit the online site, and click on the Install HP Easy Start button on the screen. The system will start the downloading process. Wait for the executable file to download. Install the file, by running the on-screen instructions. You are now ready to use the computer for providing direct commands to the Printer.
Make sure to add the printer to the computer in the devices list. Follow the steps below:
- Firstly, go to the Start button.
- After that, click on ‘Devices and Printer’.
- Now, click on the ‘Add a Printer’ section.
- Now, choose the type of Printer to install.
- Choose the name of the Printer.
- Click on the ‘Next’ button.
- Lastly, hit the OK button.
Get Expert Help for HP Printer Setup and Installation
In case you have some queries, feel free to contact official HP customer support. In order to do that, just:
- Firstly, visit this link.
- Secondly, enter your printer’s model name, and click on Submit.
- After that, enter the serial number of your product and click on Submit.
- Lastly, check out & use whichever contact method you prefer.
Q. Why won’t my HP printer scan to my computer?
There are a couple of reasons your HP printer isn’t scanning to your computer. Some of these are:
- Connection Problem – In short, check the connection cables for any damage & if they are correctly attached to their ports or not. In case you have a wireless printer, check if it is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your system or not.
- Network Error – A disruption in your network may result in your HP printer not following the command given to it by the system. So, check if the connection is good, and if not, try to reconnect it.
- Software Error – Issues in the software like corrupt software or outdated drivers can lead to the dysfunction of the printer. Therefore, use our HP Printer Assistant to scan & fix these problems.
- Bug/Glitch – On the other hand, the issue could be just a one-time glitch or bug causing problems in your printer. So, to solve this, just give your printer a hard reset.
If none of these methods work, contact the official HP customer care.
Q. How do I fix an HP printer driver issue?
In order to fix a driver issue, you need first to uninstall the driver & reinstall it.
- Firstly, click on the search bar on the windows menu and type Programs & Features. Then open it.
- Secondly, scroll down, click on your printer and uninstall it.
- Thirdly, download the driver for the official HP website.
- First, visit the official HP Website.
- Then, place your pointer on Support, and click on Software & Drivers.
- After that, click on Printers and enter your printer’s model. Then click on submit.
- Then click on the “+” symbol next to the driver you want to download. Subsequently, look for the compatible version, and click Download next to it.
- Lastly, open and install the downloaded driver, and see if your printer is working correctly.
Q. Why is my printer not connecting to WIFI?
Error in Wi-Fi connection can occur due to many reasons, like – network error, printer glitch, etc. In order to solve this issue:
- Firstly, try hard resetting your Wi-Fi router.
- First, turn off the power to the router from the wall socket.
- Then remove the charging cable from both the wall outlet and router and wait for 5 minutes.
- After that, reconnect the cables and power on the router.
- Secondly, Reset your printer.
- At first, turn off your printer and wait till the printhead carriage stops moving.
- Then remove the power cable from the back of the printer and wait for 1 minute.
- Reattach the cable to the printer and power it up.
- After that, check to see if the printer is connecting to your network or not.
Lastly, if your printer is still not connecting to your network, contact HP customer support for further help.