Call Now +1-877-957-2004
A user of Alexa normally wakes their device with the words “Hey Alexa, or Hey Alexa, or simply Alexa” It can become tiresome in your daily routine, which is why many users decide to change Alexa’s name and the word they use to wake it. The Alexa voice assistant can be managed in several different ways. Here we will examine how to do this. A number of different words can be used to wake the Alexa, and its name can be changed accordingly. Also Read:- How to Set Up my Echo Show 10(3rd Gen)?
Changing Alexa’s name – Is it possible to do that
There is no way to change the name of the Alexa speaker. However, you can change the wake word by choosing it from the list already available on the Alexa settings. There is a quick procedure to follow. It can be “Amazon”, “Echo”, “Computer”, etc. You can directly say “Alexa, change the wake word”. It will then say OK and tell you the options that you can choose. Repeat the word and you’re good to go.
Here’s what you need to know about changing Alexa’s name and wake word
Follow these steps to change the wake word for Alexa. Furthermore, these settings can be adjusted in a number of ways. We will discuss them all as below:
Method 1: Change in Settings
- Firstly, open the Alexa application and then navigate to the “Devices” option.
- Click on it and then choose “Echo and Alexa”.
- After that, click on the device name for which you want to change the settings.
- Now, head over to the top right corner of the screen and click on “Wake Word”.
- Select the new word from the list containing the words “Amazon”, “Computer”, “Echo”, Ziggy”.
- Finally, wait for a few minutes to update the changes.
- Try to speak the new word that you set to wake Alexa and check for success. It is the most preferable process for “What is the best way to change Alexa’s name and wake word?”
So, this is all that you need to do to change the name and wake word. It is quite a quick and simple process that does not require any professional knowledge. If you face any difficulty changing the wake word using this method, then you can use another one as below.
Method 2: Use Voice Command
- Firstly, you need to send the voice command as “Alexa, change your wake word”.
- Then, Alexa will reply “OK, you can choose from Amazon, Computer, Echo, or Ziggy – Which of these do you like?”
- Repeat the wake word that you would like to choose as “Ziggy”. You can choose any wake word amongst all these four wake words
- Finally, Alexa will say “OK, you can call me ‘Ziggy’ on this device. So, it confirms your new wake word. You can now call Alexa using this wake word.
- It is a reliable process and you can also stick to it for changing the wake word and name. If you are looking out for “What is the best way to change Alexa’s name and wake word?” then you can use this method.
Method 3: Use the Touch screen of the Echo Show
- Firstly, swipe your screen from the top side.
- After that, click on Settings.
- Then, scroll down and click on the ‘Device’ option.
- Select ‘Wake Word’.
- Finally, click on the option that you want to use on this device.
These are the quick and fast methods that you can use to change Alexa name and wake word. These allow you to make changes easily without any hassle. These alternative names are already stored in the memory of Alexa. So, any other random name is not valid to choose. You can only choose from these names.
Related:- Why isn’t Alexa Echo Dot responding to voice commands: Causes and solutions
Can I Change Alexa Wake Word to Anything?
Alexa wake word requires a simple and easy procedure to choose the new wake word from the list of available words. Here are the steps that you need to follow:
- Firstly, power ON the speaker by saying “Alexa”. It will wake Alexa.
- Then, you need to send the voice command as “Alexa, change my wake word”.
- You will then receive a message from the virtual assistant as “I can help you change the wake word for this device. Should we do that now?”
- Say Yes to changing.
- After that, select the most preferable name from the list.
- Speak your choice to Alexa to apply it as a wake word.
- Finally, get the confirmation as OK from Alexa.
Most of the users are stuck in the query, What is the best way to change Alexa’s name and wake word? The best answer to it is that both methods are suitable and reliable. You can use the one that is convenient for you.
How Do I Give Alexa a Custom Name?
When you want to change Alexa’s name or wake word, you can simply give it the voice command. Alternatively, you can choose a wake word or name from the built-in list, such as Amazon, Alexa, Ziggy, Echo, etc. You can manage your wake word or name from settings. However, you cannot choose your wake word or name yourself. In the future, you will only be able to call Alexa using the wake word you choose. You can change your wake word as often as you like.
As per your concern for What is the best way to change Alexa’s name and wake word? you can prefer either of the two methods:
- Change the wake word by navigating to the Device list on the settings.
- Send the voice command directly to Alexa to change the Wake word.
Can Alexa be renamed?
Yes, you can rename Alexa at any time by following these steps – Select Devices Select Echo & Alexa Select your device Select Edit Name
Can I create my own Alexa Wake Word?
With Voice Commands, You Can Change The Wake Word Directly On Your Echo Device. Say “Alexa, What Is Your Desired Wake Word?” Alexa Will Reply, “OK, You Can Choose From Amazon, Computer, Echo, Or Ziggy.
What are the 4 Wake words for Alexa?
In contrast to its rivals, Amazon lets users change their Alexa wake words, although there are only four choices available: Ziggy, Amazon, Computer, and Echo.
Do you have to say Alexa every time?
Whether you want Amazon’s voice assistant to slow down or speed up, just ask. You don’t even have to say “Alexa” to wake her.
Can you program Alexa to respond to a different name?
In this case, you can’t give it a unique name, so you need to choose one from the above options. If you want to change the name, just say “Alexa, change the wake word” and select another option, or open Alexa’s app and click Settings if you’re not near your Echo speaker.