Alexa is a smart device that works on the voice commands of the user. It responds by performing the activity as commanded by the user. Also, the user can create custom responses to routines. You can create the routines in Alexa mobile app to which it responds. There is a definite procedure for creating these responses. Here we will follow a process for “How to Customize Alexa Responses to Routines?” You can trigger other devices such as lights, cameras, TV, music, alarms, and other devices. The settings come up with the “Routines” option to set up directly on your mobile or tablet. Also read:- sling com/xbox
The user can trigger any action or set of actions for a specific command. Also, you can schedule the time of the action to take place with your routine. So, customizing Alexa responses to routines is an easy and quick procedure that you can follow up using your device directly.
What Alexa Routines Can You Trigger?
Alexa routines help the user to set the usual activities in their daily life. It makes an easy process for the user to set an array of actions, announcements, and other routines. Here are the actions that you can set by performing the process for “How to Customize Alexa Responses to Routines?”
- Setting a morning alarm to perform other activities such as triggering weather reports, opening the curtains, news headlines, etc.
- Switch OFF all your smart lights by just saying “Alexa, Good Bye”. In addition, you can trigger your robot vacuum to work.
- You can turn the “Do Not Disturb” mode for a specific time by saying “Alexa, Quiet Time”. In addition, you can trigger relaxing music from the playlist. Also, you can trigger your smart light to switch to dim.
- The user can also set the Alexa routine for triggering a Sci-Fi alert by ringing your smart doorbell and flashing red light.
- Set the soothing sleep sound and close the curtains by just saying “Alexa, bedtime”.
So, apart from these routines, the user can also set and customize other routines depending on their life. For this, you have to follow a quick process on your application.
How to Customize Alexa Responses to Routines?
To trigger the custom responses for routines, follow the steps below:
- Firstly, for creating and customizing Alexa routines to responses, you need to download and install the Alexa application on your device such as iPhone, tablet, Android Phone, Kindle, etc. After that, open the app to access its settings.
- Now, navigate to the bottom right corner of the screen, and click on ‘More Menu’.
- After that, click on the ‘Create Routine’ button.
- Now you need to follow the steps for “How to Customize Alexa Responses to Routines?” For this, click on the ‘Voice’ option, and then write the phrase for which you want Alexa to respond. You can also select the ‘Schedule’ option to manage your routine at a specific time. You need to fill in three option to create a routine
- Enter Routine Name: Here you have to enter the name of the routine that you want to set with Alexa.
- When this happens: Write the command to Alexa for performing this routine. E.g. “Alexa, Good Evening”.
- Add Action: Type the action or activity detail that you wish to perform on this command.
- Now, click on the “Alexa Says” button on the list, and then click on the ‘Customized’ option.
- Also, you can set what Alexa will say while performing the routine.
- After that, click on the ‘Next’ button and then click on the ‘Save’ button.
- Finally, it will customize the Alexa response for your activity.
Similarly, you can add more routines and customize the responses for it. You can also add custom questions and answers. For this, you can open Amazon’s blueprint tool on your laptop or computer. You can then click on the “Make Your Own” option to create a new set of questions and answers and customize it according to you.
How Do I Create Custom Alexa Response?
To create a new response, you can visit the official website or open the application on your phone or tablet. After that, go to the setting option and choose the option for “Create Routine”. Now, add the action and the response that you want your Alexa to perform on certain command. Finally, save the changes to apply. You can also make changes to the existing routines and create as many new routines as you want. Do you just need to follow the steps for How to Customize Alexa Responses to Routines?
How to set a Custom Action in a Alexa routines
To add certain actions to your existing or new Alexa routines, follow the steps below:
- Firstly, open the Alexa application on your device.
- Then, click on ‘More’, and then click on the ‘Routines’ option.
- After that, click on the “Plus” sign, and add the time for your action to take place in the section “When it Happens”.
- Now, Click on the “Add Action” and follow the steps for adding an action. You can add as many actions to the same routine.
- Finally, click on the save button to apply the changes.
Can You Program Alexa to respond to a certain Phrase?
For customizing the Alexa to respond to a certain phrase, you can simply perform the steps for How to Customize Alexa Responses to Routines? As an example, perform the steps below:
- Firstly, open the app and go to “When you say, Alexa”. Type the phrase here that you want. It can be anything funny or instructive. E.g. “Alexa, it’s sleeping time”.
- After that, follow up with the other instructions as well and add the actions to perform while you command the Alexa with this phrase.
- Lastly, save your settings.
So, now Alexa will respond to your phrase whatever you will add. You can also manage these settings on the web using your computer or laptop. It is easy to manage these features over the app. And if you still have any issues related to Alexa Routines you can contact Alexa Support . They are available 24* 7 at your services.