How Do I Stop CCleaner Running in the Background?
Ccleaner’s Smart Cleaning feature checks whether there is junk on your PC. And if enabled, it will alert you of all this junk on your PC. You would not have to keep a Ccleaner window open if Ccleaner is running in the background. Another reason for the Ccleaner to run the background is to make sure that all the installations are maintained and to check for updates and new releases. It helps save up to 500 MB of space by removing junk.
Disable Ccleaner background Processes by Active Monitoring and System Monitoring
System Monitoring and Active Monitoring features of Ccleaner aid the process of cleaning junk from the PC along with maintaining a continuous cycle of updating and installing necessary system updates. Ccleaner also detects corrupt files and cleans them up saving lots of space on the disk.
But few limitations overweigh these advantages. And we frequently think of ways to solve the issue of ‘How Do I Stop Ccleaner From Running In The Background’. And this is where we come up with methods to deal with the Active Monitoring and System Monitoring features.
The drawback of Ccleaner running in the background is – excessive notifications time and again, which often leads us to search the internet for ‘How Do I Stop Ccleaner From Running In The Background’.
System Monitoring – System Monitoring is set in such a way that it checks your PC every 8 hours to see if there are unwanted files that can be deleted to save up to 500MB of space on the drive.
When automatic monitoring is enabled, Ccleaner checks for junk and bugs, and cleans them, right away.
Active Monitoring – When you have the ‘Active monitoring’ feature enabled, the Ccleaner checks for updates and new releases. It also tells you of installations running in the background.
Steps to Stop Ccleaner from running in the background
Although the advantages of Ccleaner running in the background are many, we do sometimes feel that the notifications popping up every few minutes is unnecessary. If it feels like avoiding these notifications, you can go through these steps to disable the feature of Ccleaner running in the background.
- Open the main window of Ccleaner.
- In the left pane of this window, you will see ‘Options’. Click on it.
- Here on, a list of options will appear. Select the fifth one from the top. ‘Monitoring’
- There will be a check box labelled ‘Enable system monitoring’. Uncheck the option.
- Afterwards, uncheck another option named ‘Enable active monitoring. Since you can not disable active monitoring without disabling ‘system monitoring’ it is essential that you uncheck the ‘Enable system monitoring’ option first and foremost.
- A confirmation dialogue will pop up on the Ccleaner window, click the ‘Yes’ button. And you are done with the process.
If you have ever had to contemplate over ‘How Do I Stop Ccleaner From Running In The Background’, we ask you to go over all these details and steps to fix the issue. For additional help, you can contact our CC Cleaner for Windows 10 experts to clean temporary files, speed up and optimize your PC with the world-leading PC Cleaner
How Do I Close Ccleaner? Uninstalling Ccleaner Browser
If nothing works well to stop the Ccleaner process to run in the background, you can close the Ccleaner by uninstalling it in the browser. Follow the steps below to uninstall:
- Perform a close operation on all the Ccleaner windows that are open in your system.
- Navigate to the ‘Apps and Features’ section in the Start menu.
- Locate and select the ‘Ccleaner’
- Click on the ‘Uninstall’ button.
- Confirm uninstalling the Ccleaner by hitting the ‘Uninstall’ button again in the prompt.
- Click on the ‘Yes’ button if the dialogue box appears for the ‘User Account’.
- Check the checkbox corresponding to “Delete Browsing data”. It will delete the entire browsing information like history and bookmarks.
- Click on the ‘Uninstall’ button.
- Then, click on the ‘OK’ button to confirm.
Your system does not contain a CCleaner browser, and you can work without any interruption. There will be no program running in the background that can interrupt you in between your work.
How to Turn OFF Smart Clean in Ccleaner?
You can stop the Ccleaner from running in the background by turning OFF the smart clean option. You need to disable this option to get rid of the automatic monitoring process running in the background. To turn OFF the smart cleaning option, you need to uncheck the checkbox next to “Tell me when there are junk files to clean”. It will turn OFF your system’s “Enable Smart Cleaning” option. The system will send you a prompt for confirming the action to Turn OFF the smart cleaning process. Click the ‘Yes’ button to proceed. You can now work on your browser without any Ccleaner activity. It will also terminate all the undergoing smart cleaning processes.
Is Ccleaner a Virus? How can we Control it running in the background?
Ccleaner is a program that handles all the unwanted files of your system and deletes them. The program cleans your system by deleting all the temporary files that can take a lot of extra memory space in your system and degrade its performance. While performing the cleanup tasks, it also engulfs all the malicious files present in the system or any process.
There is a possibility that the hackers can insert some malware into the free version of Ccleaner that can harm your computer. Else, the Ccleaner is not a virus program. If still, you experience any malware or virus activity, you can perform the update of the Ccleaner to get rid of the virus and use your program efficiently and securely.
How do I get Rid of Ccleaner?
Ccleaner can behave worse by running in the background and nag you in-between your work. It gives you a frustrating feel by behaving anonymously. It can also be associated with any malware or virus that can harm your files and computer. So, if you experience any harmful activity by the Ccleaner, you can get rid of it by uninstalling it or upgrading it to the newer version. There may be a possibility that the newer version can help you to resolve the problem, and you may work well with the Ccleaner program.