Echo dot is the finest of all designs carved out of Amazon’s Alexa based Bluetooth speaker. Users can get instant results over command and play music, make calls, and perform numerous tasks efficiently with the Echo dot. But to get the desired results it is essential to connect echo dot with a stable internet connection, when it is not connected then there is no use in giving commands to the eco dot. We suggest you not get panic if you don’t know how to deal with the Echo Dot Won’t Connect To Wifi issue. However, to let you deal with it you need to follow some easy steps but before that, you need to make sure that your echo dot is properly configured and set up. You can get the desirable assistance from the tech expert available at our helpdesk to resolve all your issues with connectivity issues.
It can not always be figured out why echo dot won’t connect to Wi-Fi. Usually, in order to have proper functioning the wifi device requires a system reboot; and the rest of the times it is the wireless router’s signal strength which gets weakened up due to a physical object. In this article, refer to the guide which includes fixes & tips that can assist you to get your Echo Dot back online and become responsive to your commands.
Basic Troubleshooting Steps To Deal With Echo Dot Won’t Connect To Wifi Issue
- Ensure to set the placement o devices within its working range as prescribed by the manufacturer like maintain your devices in a 30 feet range.
- Ensure to check that your Echo dot is not exposed to signal interference zone echoed by signal-jamming devices like microwaves, CRTs.
- Ensure to verify that the wifi device is functioning. Now make sure that you are receiving good signal strength over the connection
- If secondary devices won’t be able to connect, then initiate to reboot your router setup & modem device. When your network reboots, now disconnect the power chord via your Echo device sometime, wait for 3 seconds approx and then plug it back in. Ensure that you’re connecting the compatible power source for your Echo.
- If secondary devices are able to connect, check that you are using the correct Wi-Fi password. You can also try switching off some of the secondary devices to reduce the echoing interference and check if this counters the connection building ability of your Echo device.
- Be cautious in case if you have undergone changing your Wi-Fi password recently. Then we advise you to update the Wi-Fi settings on the Alexa app.
- In case if your router device has separated SSID for the 2.4 & 5 GHz based frequency bands, then try connecting your router via one network to the other.
Ensure to verify if your device is still having this Echo Dot Won’t Connect To Wifi issues, then restart your device and follow the steps mentioned in the advanced troubleshooting guide.
Also Read :- Alexa Routines Not Working
Advanced Troubleshooting To Deal With Echo Dot Won’t Connect To Wifi Issue
Follow these steps as needed to get Alexa up and running again.
- Check your internet connection to be sure it’s working properly. If you are failing to establish a connection to the internet, then Alexa’s echo dot won’t respond to your commands anymore.
- Manually restart both the modem and router device, then you are advised to wait for 5 minutes, then you are subjected to connect your Alexa to Wi-Fi. The Echo Dot Won’t Connect To Wifi based connectivity issue can be occurred by hardware installed, rather than the connecting chords or interoperable devices used to initiated connection to the network.
- Ensure to reboot the echo dot device. Power off or unplug the Echo or Alexa-enabled device, turn it back on, then connect to Wi-Fi again. At times this sort of hard reboot of an echo dot gadget can fix the problem.
- Confirm that the Wi-Fi password is correct. If the hardware is working properly, find the secondary device on your Wi-Fi enabled network, disconnect it, then reconnect it using the same password you use to connect Alexa. If the secondary gadgets recognize the Wi-Fi signal but are unable to connect using the same passcode, then the passcode you’re typing in for your echo dot device is likely to be invalid.
- Ensure to watch out for elements in your network and relocate and place your gadget within range. Wi-Fi signals ought to not propagate over long channels without weakening up or in technical terms without the signal strength loss. Due to out of range issue there is a possibility that your Alexa-enabled device might face disconnectivity via a Wi-Fi network.
- Carefully analyze extending your signal coverage range via the wifi-enabled wireless network to get fixed the Echo Dot Won’t Connect To Wifi issue. Once you’ve transferred your router, you may get to connect it to the wireless SSID back again.
- Now make sure to check for the possible mismatch. Make sure there aren’t any obstructive barriers in between your router and the Alexa device like bricks, concrete and reinforced doors can block Wi-Fi signals.
- Ensure to initiate the Hard Reset by enabling the echo dot device to factory reset.
Note: In case if you are facing any HP setup installation-related problem and want to figure out Echo Dot Won’t Connect To Wifi issue then get the assistance of the unique nature, any smart device user may learn how to set up a compatible connection by figuring How To fix Echo Dot Won’t Connect To Wifi without any efforts. However, if the above-mentioned key takeaways, not functions it will essentially imply that there is some complex fault with your Officejet variants. To determine your issue, you presently need to contact Alexa Echo Tech Support and dial our helpline or you may also visit the official website of the company. At here, the renowned Tech experts’ assistance will render services with essential guidance via telephone or by chat remotely. So visit us to clear all your doubts while you prepare to realize Echo Dot Won’t Connect To Wifi with ease.