Amazon’s Fire TV Stick is a fine way to stream movies and TV shows or when you want to watch any live events on your smart TV. However, your TV set will not be sufficiently smart if you don’t understand how to sync your Amazon Fire Stick with its multi-functional remote control. It is always good to know the best ways to sync your Fire Stick remote control device so that you are able to get back to binge-watching your favourite shows in a convenient manner. Let us see How To Pair Fire Stick Remote with step-by-step instructions.
To start to sync your Fire Stick remote, you need to press and hold the Home button for at least 5 seconds. After this, you will see the light blinking on top of your remote device. Then, you will see an on-screen message as well as three flashing blue lights indicating the successful pairing of your remote to the Amazon Fire Stick device.
In fact, the Amazon Fire Stick automatically syncs to your smart TV device. After this, you only need to is turn your TV on and start with the streaming services comfortably. However, there are times when your Fire Stick remote will drop connection with your Fire TV Stick. This is the time when you need to look for How To Pair Fire Stick Remote manually. Here is how we do it with the best possible ways:
- Unplug the Fire Stick from the power socket for a maximum of one minute duration.
- Now, take out the batteries from the remote and put them back in it. If you have got any other set of remote batteries with you, this is the time when you might want to replace them.
- Thereafter, pick your Fire Stick and plug it back into the power socket.
- As your device is starting up, you need to press and hold the Home button on your remote to start it in a pairing mode. The Home button is indicated by the house icon. This is the next step for “How To Pair Fire Stick Remote”.
- Wait until the lights on your Fire Stick remote starts blinking. Then, gradually, as you look into it, the light from on the top of the device will change from a slow to fast blinking. For remotes that are compatible with second-generation Alexa voice remote devices, they will glow an amber light which will rapidly start blink as the Fire Stick remote enters its discovery mode.
- Your Fire Stick remote will be synced with the device control as can be seen on the menu screen. As far as the second-generation Alexa voice remotes are concerned, the light of the remote will give off 3 blue flashes to indicate that it is paired. This answers “How To Pair Fire Stick Remote” for your device.
A further remarkable feature about the Amazon Fire Stick is that you can sync it even with a third-party remote that is compatible to the system. This way, you can go on adding up to a total of seven remote controls to your Fire Stick. When you reach your limit, you will require to unpair one of them.
Related:- How To Use Kodi On Firestick
Pairing An Additional Or Replacement Remote To Your Fire TV
When you need to pair an additional or 2nd remote to your Fire TV Stick, you need to go through the following steps. For this, you need to go to Settings> Bluetooth & Controllers Devices >Amazon Fire TV Remotes >Add New Remote. To start with, you need to hold the Home button for 5 seconds, then pick the new remote’s name from the screen that show up.
- On your Fire Stick remote device, press the Home button.
- Then open the menu that says ‘Settings’ at the top of the screen. Press the up button on your Fire Stick remote until you see Home menu highlighted. Then, press the right directional button till you see Settings showing up and highlighted. To confirm your selection, you need to click the button in the centre of the circle on your Fire Stick remote.
- Thereafter, select the Bluetooth & Controllers Devices.
- Now, choose Fire TV Remotes. This is one of the ways to resolve the “How To Pair Fire Stick Remote” issue.
- Next, select “Add Remote”. This will prompt Amazon Fire TV to search for you the available remotes and show them in a listed manner.
- After this, on your new remote, you have to press and hold the Home button for at least 5 seconds. The moment your Fire TV Stick identifies your latest remote, it will show up on the screen.
- Now press the Select button on your previous Fire Stick remote. This button can be located in the middle of the circle.
- Finally, this will show a new Fire Stick remote listed on the screen.
How to Use Your Smartphone as a Fire Stick Remote?
There is an option where you can use your smartphone as a Fire Stick remote. The Amazon Fire TV app is a great alternative if you don’t want to buy a new remote. For this, download and install the Amazon Fire TV app. Now, open the Fire TV app and tap on your Fire TV appliance. Next, log in with the credentials of your Amazon and type in the PIN that you see on your phone.
As a first step to get answers for “How To Pair Fire Stick Remote” via your smartphones, you need to follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Download and set up the Amazon Fire TV app on your phone. Get it on the Google Play Store for Android devices and the Apple Store for iPhones and various iOS devices.
- Tap on the app to open it and choose your Fire TV appliance. The app will display a list of appliances at the bottom of the screen.
- Now, sign in with your Amazon username/ password.
- Then, key in the 4-digit PIN on your app.
- This enables your smartphone to control your TV device. Once the pairing is done, you will be able to see the remote control buttons on the smartphone. This now ensures that you can continue to use your device as a Fire Stick remote.
If, somehow, it still doesn’t answer the question of “How To Pair Fire Stick Remote?” we suggest you contact the experts via Amazon device support and take their advice to find and fix the issue. Our accomplished and proficient specialized experts troubleshoot all issues in the shortest life span to make the user experience better or smoother.