Brother Printer is a highly reliable and efficient printer that can perform print, copy and scan with high-quality and low cost. To connect the printer to the device, you need to first check the Brother Printer Default Password. For security purposes also, you have to change the default password of your machine. For most of the Brother Printer models, the default password is ‘init pass’, or ‘access’. You can check this password on the configuration report. You can reset the password with quick series of steps. Also, you can connect with Brother Printer on the customer care phone number or chat.
There are three ways by which you can find the default password for your Brother printer. You can try these methods to configure the password and username and change it as per your choice. So, the following ways to find the password are as follows:
- Check Network Configuration Report
- Check it Online at https://help.brother-usa.com
- Find it at the Back of the Printer
How to Find Default Password for my Brother Printer – What is Brother Printer Default Password?
To find the default password, you need to perform some technical steps. But before that, you can try connecting your device with the default username and password. Firstly, try to use the default credentials as init pass or PWD. If this login id and password do not work well, then follow the steps below:
- Firstly, click on the ‘Start’ button.
- Then, click on ‘All Programs.
- After that, select the name of the printer, then select ‘Remote setup’
- Then, enter the password of the internet to connect the printer to the network.
- After that, try to enter the password as ‘access’.
- Then use web-based management, or BRA admin light to change the password.
- If it works, then change the password according to your choice.
How to Find Default Password using the Network Configuration Page
To check the Brother Printer Default Password, you can print the network configuration page from the machine, as follows:
- Click on the ‘+’ icon on your printer. You will see the ‘INFORMATION’ page.
- Press the ‘SET’ key.
- After that, use the ‘+’ key or the ‘-‘ key. The screen will ‘have printer settings.
- Press the ‘SET’ key.
- Finally, it will print the ‘Configuration Page’.
Check the configuration page for the Brother Printer login credentials. You can check the default id and password there. After that, you can change the default credentials anytime.
There is also another method to print the configuration page, such as:
- Firstly, connect the printer using a web browser.
- From the control panel or the Home screen of the printer, click on the ‘Reset and Test’ link.
- After that, enter the server password and then select ‘Print Configuration’.
- Finally, check the default password and username for Brother Printer.
How to Change Brother Printer Default Password? Steps to Change the Default Password of your Brother Printer
There are a series of steps to change the default password of your printer. So, follow the steps below to change the password:
- Firstly, start the web browser on your device which is connected to the internet.
- Now, type the IP address of the machine in the browser.
- After that, type the login password of the machine.
- Click on the ‘Admin’ section.
- Next, click on Brother login password.
- Then, enter the new password of your choice.
- In the next field, type the same password to confirm it.
- Finally, click on the submit button.
What is the Default Login for Brother Printer – Brother Printer Default Login Username and Password
In most of the models of the Brother Printer, the default password for the printer is ‘access’. In another case, you can also try the password as ‘init pass’. If both of these passwords do not work, then follow the steps below:
- Firstly, look at the bottom or back of the printer. It will be recognized as alphanumeric characters preceded by “Pwd”.
- If you are not able to locate the password on the back side of the printer, then follow the steps.
- Go to the control panel of the printer. Use the ‘up’ and ‘down’ arrow keys of the printer and then click on the ‘initial setup’ option.
- Then, click on the OK button.
- After that, use the ‘up’ and ‘down’ arrow keys of the printer to reset the default login credentials.
- Press the OK button.
- Finally, press the ‘Yes’ button on the screen.
Brother Printer Default Password Using Web-Based Management – Change Brother Printer Password
You can also use the web browser to change the settings. For this, follow the steps below:
- Firstly, start the web browser on your device.
- Go to the web browser, and type the link ‘http://printer_ip_address
- Then, go to the ‘Network Configuration’ option.
- After that, type your username and password.
- Then, click the OK button.
- Finally, you can change the server settings.
What is the default login of the Brother Printer?
The default login credentials of the brother printer are:
- Username: user
- Password: access
Most of the Brother Printer models can be used using this id and password without any hassle. However, you can also check it at the side or back of the machine.
How do I Change the password of my Brother Printer?
To change the password of the printer, you need to first evaluate the Brother Printer Default Password. After that, go to settings and click on the Change password option. After that, enter the new password and confirm it.
How to Reset Brother Printer Default Password?
To reset the password of the printer, firstly click on the ‘Login’ field. Then click on the Admin tab. Then, click on the login password. Navigate to the ‘New Password’ option and enter the password as per your choice. Confirm the password to reset it accordingly.
How do I check the password for my Brother Printer?
To check the Brother Printer password, you can either refer to the back side of the printer as preceded by PWD. You can use this password for your machine. In case, the machine does not have a password written on it. Then, you can print the Network Configuration report.
Why do I need to Change the Brother Printer Default Password?
There is a need to change the Brother Printer Default Password, for the security of the machine. You can choose the password of your choice and set it accordingly so that no one else can access your machine using the default password,