Printers have become a part of our day-to-day life. Whether it is printing out the weekly reports or scanning your documents. There is no denying that most homes require their personal printer.
Therefore, Brother being one of the most prominent printer manufacturers globally, has quite a lot of customers. Thus, it is inevitable that some users might face specific issues with their products.
In short, today, we will discuss one such issue with Brother printers. What to do when your Brother printer says No Toner after replacing an old toner cartridge
- Improperly Installed Toner Cartridge
- Outdated Firmware
- After Market Toner Cartridge
- Dirty Corona Wire
- Wrong Component Replaced
- Reinstall the Toner Cartridge
- Update Printer Driver
- Replace After Market Toner with Authentic Brothers Toner
- Clean Printer’s Corona Wire
- Reinstall the Correct Components
A Guide to Properly Install Toner Cartridge
- Firstly, make sure the printer is powered ON.
- Secondly, remove the printer cover & let the printer cool down for 10 minutes.
*Although, the toner changing process is similar in every printer. However, make sure to read your product’s user manual. In case there are some extra steps for our printer
- Thirdly, using your manual, remove the drum & toner cartridge assembly.
- Then place the assembly onto a clean surface gently.
- After that, locate the green latch, push it down, and then lift the cartridge.
- Then, firmly attach the toner cartridge back to the drum. After that, try to wiggle it gently to see if it’s properly connected.
- Put the drum carriage back into the printer and close the cover.
- Lastly, wait for the printer to initialize.
How to Update Brother Printer Driver
- Firstly, visit the official website for Brother.
- Secondly, click on For Home, and on the next page, click on Support.
- Thirdly, under the menu, click on Software & Driver Downloads.
- Once the next page is open, scroll down and enter your printer’s model.
- Then click on search & select your product.
- After that, select your system specs.
- OS Version
Then click on OK.
- Then select the driver you prefer & click on Agree to the EULA and Download.
- Once the driver setup is downloaded, go to the directory & open it.
- Lastly, follow the instructions and complete the installation. Then restart your system.
Steps for Replacing Aftermarket Toner Cartridge
- Firstly, you need to buy an authentic Brother toner cartridge. To do that,
- Visit the official Brother website and click on For Home. Then select Supplies & select Ink & Toner.
- Then, scroll down and either enter your printer model or toner name.
- Lastly, select the toner you prefer & add it to the cart.
- Secondly, remove the printer cover and remove the drum assembly with the power “ON.”
- Thirdly, pull down the safety latch & pull out the aftermarket toner cartridge.
- Fourthly, unpack the authentic toner cartridge & remove the protective taping. Then put, insert the toner in the drum carriage.
- Then, put the carriage assembly back into the printer and close the cover.
- Lastly, wait for the printer to initialize & check if it’s working.
What is a Corona Wire & How to Clean it?
Corona wire is one of the essential components of a laser printer. That is to say, without it, a laser printer cannot transfer ink on paper.
In short, it is a positively charged wire that transfers the toner from the drum to the paper.
Use your user manual to know the precise steps for this guide.
- Firstly, remove the printer cover & then pull out the drum carriage assembly.
- Secondly, pull the safety latches & remove all the toner cartridges.
- Thirdly, gently use a microfiber cloth to clean the corona wires in all the toner slots.
- Then, put the toner cartridges back into their respective slots & lock them in place.
- Lastly, put the drum carriage assembly back into the printer & wait for it to initialize.
How to Inspect Your Toner Cartridge?
On the other hand, you could’ve just replaced the wrong component in your printer. To clarify, sometimes people replace the wrong toner cartridge or drum carriage. In short, this can cause Brother printer to say No Toner after replacing it.
- Firstly, check which toner cartridge is empty.
- At first, open the printer menu & scroll to Machine Information, and open it.
- Then, select Parts Life & then select Toner Life.
- Once the toner life menu is open, scroll to see which toner cartridge is empty.
*In case you replaced the wrong toner cartridge, follow the steps below.
- Secondly, buy the toner cartridge you need to replace from the official Brother website.
- At first, visit the Brother Supplies Store.
- Then, enter your printer model & click search.
- After that, select & buy the toner your need to replace.
- Thirdly, remove the cover and take out the drum carriage with the power on.
- Lastly, put the drum carriage assembly back in and put back the cover.
|Recycling||State Wise Recycling Options|
|Firmware||Drivers & Softwares|
|Product Assistance||Product Assistance|
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How do I get my Brother printer to recognize a new toner?
In order to get your Brother printer to recognize a new toner, you need to reboot it hard. To do that:
- Firstly, you need to take out the carriage drum assembly.
- At first, open the printer cover with the power “ON.”
- Then, slide out the drum carriage and lift it out.
- Secondly, hard reboot your Brother printer.
- Power off the printer using the power button.
- Then, remove the power cable from the back of the printer & the wall socket.
- After that, wait for five minutes & reassemble the power cord.
- Turn on the printer.
- Thirdly, put the carriage drum back into the printer & wait for it to initialize.
Q. Why won’t my Brother printer recognize the ink cartridge?
In short, there could be a couple of reasons that your Brother printer is not recognizing your ink cartridge.
- Ink Cartridge Improperly Attached.
- Improperly Connected Print Heads.
Q. How do I reset my Brother printer HL?
In order to reset your HL series Brother printer, follow the steps given below:
- Firstly, press the menu button.
- Secondly, using the navigation buttons, select Initial Setup.
- Thirdly, select Reset & select the type of reset you prefer (if available).
- Then, select Reset the Machine.
- Lastly, select “Reboot the Machine. The Machine Will Begin the Reset.”
After that, wait for your printer to complete the reset & initializing.