Brother Printer offers a great solution for print, scan, and copy tasks. These printers make our way easy due to their wireless functionality. There is a quick setup for Brother Printer which includes downloading drivers, installing, and connecting. You can perform Brother Printer Setup using the wired connection or the wireless connection as per your convenience. You can connect the printer to any device that is compatible with remote functioning. This printer works well with android devices, Mac OS, Windows, various gaming consoles, TVs, and much more. For connecting the printer wirelessly with your device, make sure to download and install authorized drivers and software packages. Also Read:- Guide to resolve Brother printer issue: No toner after replacing
Device Compatibility – What are the System Requirements for Brother Printer Setup
Brother Printer is compatible with various devices which you can connect for wireless printing solutions.
- Windows 10, Windows 11, Windows 7, Windows 8.1
- Mac OS 11, Mac OS 12
- Processor: 1GHz or more
- Memory: 1 GB or more
- Server 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2, 2016, 2019
Brother Printer Setup – Download and Install Brother Printer Drivers for Wireless Setup
The very first step is to unpack your printer, if you are using it for the first time, and remove all the protective tapes from it. Place all the parts of the printer in their respective slots, including the input tray, output tray, papers, ink cartridges, etc. After that connect the Printer to the main power source and switch it ON. Wait for the printer to respond and then download and install the drivers for a wireless setup as below:
- Firstly, arrange a computer or a device that is compatible with Brother Printer.
- Connect it with an active internet connection.
- Now, open the web browser and visit the official Brother Printer site at https://support.brother.com/g/b/downloadtop.aspx?c=eu_ot&lang=en&prod=mfcl2700dw_us_eu_as
- After that, select the OS family referring to your device.
- Then select the OS version. Hit the OK button.
- A new page will appear on the screen listing the full software package and driver that matches your system requirements.
- Click on the ‘Click to Choose’ option.
- Click on the language.
- Finally, click on the ‘Agree and Download button.
- The downloading of the package in your system will begin. Wait for the download to complete.
- After that, hit the downloaded file to open it and install it in your system.
- Then, follow the on-screen instructions and agree to all the terms and conditions.
- Lastly, hit the ‘Finish’ button and check for the success message on the screen.
This completes the Downloading and installation of drivers for Brother Printer Setup. Now, you can connect the Printer with the device over the same network and send the print command to test the connection.
Brother Printer Setup WIFI Connection with the Computer – How Do I Connect My Brother Printer Wirelessly over a Network?
There are various ways by which you can connect the Brother Printer wirelessly over a network. You can connect using the WPS button or the settings from Printer’s control panel.
- Connect Brother Printer using WPS Button
The most preferable way is to connect the printer using the WPS method. For this, you need to first check if the printer and the router support WPS or not. If yes, then follow the steps below for a Brother Printer Setup connection wirelessly.
- Firstly, check the WPS button on your printer. Press it and hold it for a few seconds.
- Now, check the WPS button on the router.
- Press it and hold it for a few seconds.
- After that, the printer screen will show the network name.
- Enter the password and it will automatically connect the printer with the router WIFI connection.
- You can now print wirelessly over a network.
- Connect Using Printer Control Panel
If the printer or the router does not support WPS, then you can follow the steps below for the wireless connection Brother Printer Setup.
- Firstly, go to the control panel of the printer.
- Select ‘Wireless Settings.
- Select ‘System’.
- After that, click on ‘Wireless Setup’.
- Then, choose the network name and enter the password corresponding to it.
- Finally, connect the printer to the network.
How to Connect Brother Printer to Computer on Windows OS – Brother Printer Wireless Setup for Windows OS
You can connect the Brother Printer to the Computer running on Windows OS. Firstly, download and install the driver and software package on your computer and then follow the step for the Brother Printer Setup connection.
- Firstly, turn ON the printer and click on the Windows logo icon.
- Then, click on the ‘Settings’ button.
- After that, select the ‘Settings’ option, then select ‘Printers and Scanners’.
- Now, choose ‘Add a printer.
- After that, click on the name of the printer.
- Choose ‘Add Device’.
- Enter the password and hit the OK button.
How Do I Wirelessly Connect Brother Printer to Mac – Brother Printer Wireless Setup for Mac
Mac OS 10, 11, and 12 are compatible with the Brother Printer. So, if you are using any of these OS, then follow the steps below to connect the printer to the computer wirelessly.
- Firstly, click on Apple Menu and then select ‘System Preferences.
- After that, go to the Hardware section and choose ‘The print & Scan option.
- Then, click on the plus (+) icon.
- Click on the ‘Default’ button and choose the name of your printer from the list.
- After that, click on the ‘Print Using or Use’ option and then hit the Add button.
- Lastly, close all the windows and check for a successful connection.
Why Can’t I Connect to my Wireless Brother Printer?
The main factor that can affect the connection can be low internet speed. Also, the failure can be due to server issues, incompatible devices, the wrong Brother Printer Setup process, etc.
How do I set up Brother Printer Wirelessly?
For the wireless Brother Printer Setup over a network, you can use the WIFI Protected Setup method. It is the simplest method where you need to press and hold the WPS button of your printer and the router for quick and automatic connection.
How do I Connect my Brother Printer via WIFI?
To connect the Brother Printer using the WIFI, go to the control panel and then go to the settings option. Under the menu option, choose the name of your network and add its password for the connection.