There can be scanning problems with the Brother Printer, while the printing is working accurately. The main reason for the problem can be that the machine is not running with the correct functionality. Either it is not powered ON entirely, or there can be some connection issues. Here we will discuss the reasons and troubleshooting steps for Brother Printer Stopped Scanning. Follow the steps will full accuracy to get the solution at once without wasting any time. To work with the machine, make sure that it is free of errors. Moreover, take preventive measures while working with the machine. Also Read: Guide to resolve Brother printer issue: No toner after replacing
Why has my Brother Printer Stopped Scanning?
There can be various reasons for the Brother Printer to stop scanning. You may notice that the printer is printing perfectly, but showing some issues with the scanning tasks. So, the possible reasons for this can be:
- Internet Connectivity Issues
- The printer is not accurately powered ON
- The IP address of the scanner is not set
- The issue in Firewall Settings
- Control Center not Running
- Check for any Errors in the Printing Machine
- Scanner driver Issues
You need to work on these problems and get the desired solution to work well with the scanner. So, perform the below steps in series to get the solution to the problem with the scanner.
How do I Get My Brother Printer to Scan? Troubleshooting and Resolving the Issue
To work with the scanner precisely, you need to get the solution to the problem you are facing. The user can directly perform the fixing step if it knows the exact reason for the scanner failure. Otherwise, you may perform the steps below in series to resolve ‘Brother Printer Stopped Scanning’.
- Check the Printer Power
Firstly, you need to check if the machine is working with its power as ON or not. The printer, if left untouched for some time can go to sleep mode. Please check that the printer’s display is ON and it is not in the sleep mode or OFF state.
Check the printer’s power LED lights glow properly, and all the cables are plugged in properly and securely.
- Check the Printer’s Connection
Secondly, the problem ‘Brother Printer Stopped Scanning’ may arise due to any faults and failures of the connection. If you are using a network scanning tool, then you must first check the printer connections properly to avoid any scanning failures.
- Checking the Scanner Drivers
Firstly, click on the start button and go to the control panel. Now, open the search button and write ‘scanner’. Hit the enter key. After that, click on ‘Scanners and Cameras’.
Now, check the icon for the Brother printer you are using. If yes, then simply exist. If not, then you need to install the scanner drivers online from the official Brother Printer website. Install the drivers to your system, and check for the solution of Brother Printer Stopped Scanning.
- Checking the IP address of the Printer
Also, you can configure and get the IP address of the Printer using the configuration list. The list will provide the details of all the server settings of the Printer. Follow the steps below:
- Reach the Brother Printer, and go to Menu.
- Click on the “Print Report” option.
- Hit the ‘Network Config’, and hit the OK button.
- Click on the Mono start button. It can also be named as the ‘color start’ button, or simply ‘start’.
- Lastly, click on the Exit button.
- Check the Firewall Settings
The firewall may also restrict the settings of the scanner and you may face the Brother Printer Stopped Scanning issues. The firewall may reject the functionalities, and you are not able to perform its operations. You need to disable the firewall to get the scanner to function appropriately. Follow the steps below:
- Go to the start menu, and click on ‘control panel’.
- After that, go to ‘System and Security.
- Click on the option ‘Windows Firewall’.
- Now, click on the ‘Network and sharing center’.
- After that, go to ‘View your active Network’.
- Click on ‘Check your Network location’.
- Now, again go to the control panel, and click on Windows firewall.
- Click on the ‘Turn OFF windows Firewall’ option.
- Lastly, click the OK button.
So, you can check for the solution to the Brother Printer Stopped Scanning problem by disabling the firewall. After performing the scanning operations, again enable the firewall to protect your device.
- Running of Control Center
To get the solution for Brother Printer Stopped Scanning, make sure that the control center is sunning properly. Follow the steps below:
- Firstly, click on the start button, and go to ‘All Apps’.
- Click ‘Brother’, and select ‘Brother Utilities’.
- Click on ‘Control Center’.
- Try to scan the documents. If you get the desired solution, then continue with the scanning tasks. If not, then follow the steps below.
- Click on the ‘scanner properties’ to open it.
- After that, click on the option ‘specify the machine by address’, or ‘specify the machine by the name’.
- Enter the details and lastly click on the OK button.
- Check for the solution to the problem.
Why Will My Printer Print But Not Scan?
It is a very frustrating situation when your Brother printer can print the documents precisely but is not able to scan them. There can be driver issues or connection issues for the scanning problem. If Brother Printer Stopped Scanning, you can also check the firewall of the antivirus installed on your computer.
What do you do when the scanner stops Working?
If the Brother Printer scanner is not working and you are unable to scan the files accurately, then you can try to resolve the problem by updating the driver. Go to the Brother Printer website, and download and install the latest version of the driver and software package. Restart the system and check for the desired solution.