Dell Printers are reliable printers that help to print, copy and scan files with high picture quality. To use the printer, you need to first perform the printer setup and install it on your device. Dell Printer Setup includes a series of steps from downloading and installation of drivers to connecting the printer with the computer and then passing the print Test command. There are two methods to connect the printer, one is a wired connection using a USB cable and the other one is a wireless connection using the network. To setup, up the Dell printer, make sure to use the device that is compatible with it for the wireless connection.
Dell Printer Setup Process – How to Setup Dell Printer for my Device?
Dell Printer provides easy access to all the drivers and software online on the authorized Dell website. Here are the steps to follow:
- Unpack the Printer
- Remove all the Protective Tapes
- Download and Install Printer Drivers
- Connect the Printer to Wireless Network
- Connect Printer to Computer
- Send the Print Command
How to Download and Install Dell Printer Setup Driver and Software?
To work efficiently with the Dell printer wirelessly over a network, you need to first download the printer driver and then install it on your machine. Make sure to download the drivers from the authorized dell website for a successful connection. So, here are the steps to follow:
- Firstly, arrange a device that is compatible with the Dell printer.
- After that, switch ON the device and connect it to the internet.
- Open the web browser and type the link https://www.dell.com/
- Now, go to the Support section and click on the Driver Download option.
- A new page will open up on the screen, enter the model of the dell printer you are using.
- Enter the Operating System you are using.
- Now, click on the Download button.
- Wait for the Download to complete.
- After that, hit the downloaded file to install the drivers for Dell Printer Setup.
- Click on the ‘Allow and Run’ button.
- Follow the on-screen prompts.
- Agree to the installer’s terms and conditions.
- Finally, click on the Finish button and check for the success of the setup process.
How to Connect Dell Printer Wirelessly Over a Network – Dell Printer Setup Wireless
The best method to connect the printer to the computer is by connecting the printer using the internet connection. A wireless connection allows you to print remotely over a network. So, here are the steps to follow:
Connect the Printer Using WIFI Protected Setup
Follow the steps below for Dell Printer Setup wirelessly using the WPS method:
- Firstly, check that the router and the printer support WIFI Protected Setup.
- Now, check for the WPS button on your printer.
- Press it and hold it for a few seconds.
- After that, the screen will show you a message for running WPS.
- Now, press the WPS button of your router and hold it for a few seconds.
- After that, wait for 2 minutes so that the devices can connect efficiently.
- Finally, print the Settings Configuration page for checking the successful connection.
Connect the Printer Manually
You can also connect the printer manually by following a series of steps below:
- Firstly, click on the Menu button on your printer.
- Then, select ‘System’.
- After that, click on the ‘Admin Menu option.
- Click on ‘Network’.
- Select ‘Wireless Setup’.
- Choose the name of your network from the list.
- Enter the password.
- Finally, print the settings page to check the success of the Dell Printer Setup Connection.
How Do I Download and set up Dell Printer without a CD?
One of the main methods for Dell Printer Setup is by running the setup process using the CD. In this, you need to run the CD and follow the instructions. But you need professional knowledge. So, it is better to perform Dell Printer Setup without using a CD. Follow the steps below:
- Firstly, open the web browser and type the link https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-in/product-support/product/dell-open-prnt-drivr/drivers.
- Enter the model of your printer, operating system, and the type of file.
- After that, hit the download button to start the downloading process.
- Open the file and follow the instructions.
- When it asks for the connection, click on wireless process.
- Choose the name of the network and enter the password correctly.
- After that, click on the ‘Next’ button.
- Restart the computer and finally, print the test page to check the connection.
How to Install My Dell Printer?
To install Dell Printer Driver and Software package, you can visit the official dell website at www.dell.com. Here you can navigate to the support page and then click on the Driver option. It will redirect you to a new page where you can download and install the drivers for your Dell Printer Setup.
How to Connect my Dell Wireless Printer to my Computer?
To connect the Dell printer wirelessly, you can use the WPS method. Dell printers are applicable for WPS setup. If your router does not support WPS, then you can connect the device manually.
How to Install Dell Printer on my Computer?
To install a Dell printer, visit the site https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-in/product-support/product/dell-open-prnt-drivr/drivers for downloading the software package and then connect the device wirelessly following the steps below:
- Open Control Panel and navigate to ‘Devices and Printers
- Click on the ‘Add a printer option.
- Choose the name of the printer you are using.
- Click on Add option.
- Restart the device and check for a successful connection.
How do I get my printer to connect to WIFI?
To connect the printer to your WIFI connection, follow the steps below:
- Firstly, click on the Menu button on your printer.
- Then, select ‘System’, then ‘Admin Menu’.
- After that, select Network’, then ‘Wireless Setup’
- Choose the network name and enter its password.
- It will connect the printer to the WIFI successfully.
How Do I connect Dell Printer to Wireless Connection?
Dell Printer Setup using the wireless connection involves a series of steps as below:
- Firstly, connect the Dell printer and computer using a USB cable.
- Move the search bar and write ‘Wireless Setup Utility and click on it.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Choose the name of your network from the list on the screen.
- Click on the ‘Continue’ button.
- After that, enter the password.
- Remove the USB cable from the printer and the computer.
- Finally, check the wireless connection between the devices.