You’re getting off from your PC after a long day of work, you’re tired and exhausted but just as you stand you notice, the printer is still not powered down. Now you spend the next 1-hour trying to figure out how to fix this, and end up leaving it as it is.
Isn’t it the worst?
In this blog, we’re going to tell you how to fix HP Envy 6055 Printer Won’t Turn Off?
What if Your HP Envy 6055 Printer Won’t Turn Off?
I’ll tell you 3 DIY fixes to this issue that you can try without having to contact customer support and be put on hold for hours.
- Manual Shutdown
The simplest solution to a complicated problem is most often the right one. Hence, the first method you can try is manually shutting down the printer. Here’s how you do it-
- Turn the printer a little to either side and locate the socket where the power cord is attached to.
- Grab the power cord and pull it out of its socket. This will force shut down your printer.
- Then turn off the switch on the wall socket where the power cord is attached to, and unplug the cord from there too.
- Now wait for 30 seconds (this allows the circuits inside the printer to completely discharge the remaining electricity and reset).
Now, we’ll reconnect the printer,
- Plug the power cord back into the socket you removed it from.
- Connect the other end of the cord into the back of the printer.
- If the printer isn’t already turned on, do it. Then let it go through the initializing phase, once all the parts stop moving and the printer is silent.
Most of the time this should restore the printer back to its optimal functioning, and it should turn off normally on your command. In case it does not, we have other steps you could take.
- Troubleshooting (Windows)
If the problem exists because of a technical problem or problem in the software, you can troubleshoot the printer by yourself using HP’s troubleshooting software.
- Click this link – Official HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows | Free Download hppsdr.exe, to download HP Print & Scan Doctor for Windows from HP’s official website.
- If your printer isn’t hardwired to your system, locate the USB port at the back of the printer and connect the printer from your system using that.
- Double-Click and open the HP Print & Scan Doctor application. After it opens click on the start button
- The application will start scanning for the available printers connected to your system.
- Select the product (Name of the product you are having the issue with) and click fix-printing.
- Troubleshooting (Mac or Windows using HP Smart app)
This is yet another way of fixing the problem using a different software that is compatible with both Windows and Mac.
- Download the HP Smart App from these links –
- Get HP Smart – Microsoft Store – (For Windows)
- HP Smart for Desktop on the App Store (apple.com) – (For Mac)
- Make sure your system and printer are in the range of your Wi-Fi.
- If your system is connected to the internet via the Ethernet cable, remove the cable and connect it using the Wi-Fi.
- Turn on your system’s Bluetooth for HP Smart app to detect your Envy 6055.
- Install the app and double-click on it to open. If you’re using the app for the first time then follow these sub steps to install the app otherwise skip them.
- Sign in/up to an HP account.
- In the app find the “Add Printer” or “+” sign, to find the printer.
- Complete the setup by following the instruction given in it.
- Diagnose & Fix icon (Windows) in the bottom lift corner, it looks like a pulse sign.
- Select your printer by name, then click on the Printers on the menu bar on top, and select Diagnose & Fix.
- Then click on the Start button.
- Once this is finished, the app will show you instruction to fix the issues found (if any). Follow them.
Check if the issue is fixed, if it has not, then we have one last method.
- Resetting the printer
The last step is to perform a manual complete product reset. Beware, doing this will erase all of your personal data, setting and network information from the printer. To perform a reset you must,
- First, open the Cartridge Access Door.
- Turn the printer a little to either side, and locate the Power Button. It’s next to the USB port and above the power socket you located in the earlier methods.
- Once you locate the power button, Press on it and keep it in that position for at least 5 seconds.
- As soon as you see lights illuminating on the control panel of the printer, remove your finger from the button.
- The printer will now shut down and be completely Reset.
- Now set up the printer, and you’re done.
Hopefully your issue has been resolved, and your printer is shutting down normally on command. However, if the problem still persists, locate the nearest service center from their official website using this link – HP Service Center Locator – India | HP® Customer Support, and take your product there to be diagnosed and fixed by an HP technician and fixed.
Frequently Asked Questions –
- Printer hung-up in “Aligning cartridges. Please wait.”, and won’t work/print now.
Try to update your printer’s drivers. Go to – Official HP® Printer Drivers and Software Download, enter your printer’s model number, click on submit, and download the latest drivers.
- Why the printer status is idle?
If your printer seems like it is idle even if you’ve given it a print command, it could be because of one of the following reasons.
- The data that you’ve sent to be printed, is taking more time than usual to filter.
- The printer has a hardware issue
- Problems in network like, too many connections, more data flow that the bandwidth can handle, loss of connection.