HP Printers are an outstanding solution to handle your daily task for print, copy and scanning. You can print either using the wired connection or the wireless connection as the HP Printer has wide support for all the connection types. It provides a high-quality print with reliable output and minimum cost per page. But, as we all are familiar with major tech devices face issues with time, so does the HP Printer. There is a possibility that the users can face colour printing issues with the device. As a result, you need to perform the best solution for the ‘Fix HP Printer Not Printing in Color’ issue. Here we will discuss the causes of the problem along with the solution so that you can continue efficiently with the HP Printing.
Why Is My HP Printer Not Printing in Color?
There may be several reasons that lead to the problem. Users need to configure out the correct cause of the problem to perform the desired solution for Fix HP Printer Not Printing in Color. It helps you recognize the problem and follow the correct troubleshooting steps corresponding to it. Follow the steps below to know about the main reason for the problem.
- Change in Printer’s default settings
- Connectivity Issue
- Empty or low Ink tanks
- Ink Cartridges are not genuine
- The printhead does not clean properly
- Dirty Cartridges
- Incompatible papers or cartridges
- Driver Not Working properly
How To Fix HP Printer Not Printing in Color – Troubleshooting Steps
Users need to follow up separately for each of the troubleshooting steps as it entirely depends on the cause of the problem. If you know the exact reason behind the problem, then you can straightaway jump to its troubleshooting step. Otherwise, perform all the steps in series and check if you achieve success.
- Check the Ink Cartridges or tanks
You can check the low ink cartridge or tank level. The ink tanks may also be empty. You need to replace the new ink cartridge and use only the genuine inks for successful results. Place the ink cartridges in their respective slots each assigned to the same colour for which it is designated.
- Clean the Printheads thoroughly
Another main reason for the Printer not printing in colour can be dirty printheads. Printheads are the main part of the Printer which requires thorough cleaning regularly. Follow the steps below to clean the printheads and Fix HP Printer not Printing in Color.
- Go to the Control Panel in your windows.
- Select the option ‘Devices and Printers’.
- Now, select the name of the printer, right-click on it and click on ‘Properties’.
- The screen will open up a new window, click on the option ‘clean ink’.
- Hit the OK button. Check for the solution to Fix HP Printer not Printing in Color.
- Change Printer Default Settings
There can be any change in the settings for the Printer. You may change the printing option to black and white in the default settings due to which the printer may not be able to print in colour. Follow the steps below to change the settings:
- Go to ‘Start’.
- Click on the ‘Setting’.
- Click on ‘Printer’.
- Right-Click on the name of the Printer and click on its Properties.
- Click on ‘Printing Preferences.
- Click on Paper/quality’. Go to ‘colours’.
- Hit the OK button.
- Print the test page and check for the Fix HP Printer not Printing in Color.
- Re-installing the Printer Driver
When the Printer is not printing in colour, then you must check the problem with the driver. There can be any pending update or a problem with the driver. You need to uninstall the driver, and then re-install it. Prefer only the official website to download and install the driver. If any driver is downloading from the unofficial link, then you may face printing issues in future. Follow the steps below:
- Go to Add and Remove programs.
- Go to the device list and uninstall the drivers and software.
- Visit the official HP website.
- Enter the name and model number of the printer and click on the download button to begin the downloading process.
- Hit the downloaded link and follow the instructions for the installation.
- Complete the installation by selecting the connection method and end up using the ‘Finish’ button.
- Now, check for the solution of Fix HP Printer not Printing in Color.
- Using Compatible Paper for Printing
To work well with the printing task, make sure that you are using the paper size and dimensions that are compatible with the printer. If the printer does not accept the paper you are using, then it may show some issues while printing. Use only industry standardized paper that works well with the Printer. You can also use the HP papers for the best and optimum results.
- Follow Up with the Connection Process
Make sure that you use the proper connections, either wired or wireless, for the printing task. If there is any uncertainty in the connectivity, then you may face printing issues. To Fix HP Printer not Printing in Color, check that the network connection is running at an active speed in case of wireless connection and USB and ports are not damaged in case of wired connection.
- Check the Print Quality Diagnostic Report
Another method to Fix HP Printer not Printing in Color can be by printing the diagnostic report for print quality. Follow the steps below:
- Load the white paper in the input tray.
- Go to Control Panel of the Printer.
- Go to the left side of the display and click on the ‘setup’ button.
- Click on ‘Tools’.
- Move up on the panel, and click on the option ‘Print Quality Report’.
- Check the report for the issue.
The above steps can help the user to resolve the printing error and go-ahead to perform the printing task with high-quality colour prints. If you are still unable to resolve the issue with your device, you can contact customer service.