Troubleshoot and Resolve HP Printer Printhead Appears to be Missing
While handling the printing tasks with the HP Printers, one can expect full reliable, and productive results. However, you may face the issue as HP Printer Printhead Appears to be Missing sometimes while working with the Printer. As a result, you may not be able to perform printing and other jobs. So, the user needs to fix the problem by troubleshooting it. To work precisely with the printer and follow up with all the tasks, firstly configure the main cause of the problem and then head over to the solution. Also read:- Epson Printer Default Admin Password
Why is my HP Printer Printhead Failed or Missing?
There can be various causes of the HP Printer Printhead Appearing to be Missing. The user has to first configure the main factor that causes the problem so that it is easy to fix it. So, here are the main factors that are responsible for the HP Printer issue:
- Cartridge Not Identified properly
- Loose or Incompatible cartridge
- Dirty Printheads
- Installation Issues
- Original Cartridge Not Used
- Outdated Software
So, firstly check for all these issues to exist in your machine. After that, follow the solution step by step. This helps you to resolve the problem and use the printer precisely for performing all the operations.
Fix HP Printer Printhead Appears to Be Missing
HP Printer Printhead is the crucial part of the printer for the entire printing, scanning, and copying operations. If the printhead fails to work then it will be difficult for you to follow up with the printing solutions. So, you have to fix the issue before working with your HP printer. You can then perform the steps below in series and check for the solution to the problem after each step. Follow the steps below to fix HP Printer Printhead Failed or Missing:
- Reset the Printer
Firstly, the user can perform the reset of the printer to fix the error. Resetting is a simple step but helps to get the solution to a lot of problems. The very first step that you can use for fixing the error is by resetting the printer. So, perform the steps below in series to reset the printer.
- Firstly, switch ON the HP printer.
- Wait for some time to make the printer ideal by not performing any task on it.
- After that, turn the printer on its backside and unplug the main power cable.
- Also, detach the other end of this cord from the main power socket.
- Now, wait for a few seconds and plug the power cable back into the socket and the printer.
- Finally, turn ON the HP printer and wait for some time for its response.
- Now, send the command to the printer and check for the solution to the problem ‘HP Printer Printhead Appearing to Be Missing’.
In case of successful results, follow up with the printer operations. Else, head over to the next step to fix the HP Printer Printhead Failed or Missing problem.
- Unseat the Printhead
In case, the previous step does not help to solve the problem, then try to resolve it by unseating the printhead. So, perform the steps below to fix the missing printhead issue.
- Firstly, open the door of the cartridge securely.
- Then, wait for the cartridge to stop in case it is in progress.
- Now, turn to the back of the machine and unplug the main power cable.
- After that, lift the latch of the cartridge in an upward direction. After that, take out the printhead by pushing it slightly up.
- Now, place the printhead again in its original position by keeping it down securely. Also, move it in the right and left direction to fit properly in the slot. So, it places the cartridge properly in the correct place.
- Now, close the access door of the cartridge and also fit it properly.
- After that, plug in the main power cable and switch ON the printer.
- Check if the problem ‘HP Printer Printhead Appears to Be Missing’ persists or not.
- No error message on the screen indicates the successful solution of HP Printer Printhead Failed or Missing. In case the problem still exists, and then head over to the next step.
- Cleaning the Ink Cartridges
The HP Printer Printhead Appears to be a Missing issue that may also arise in your device in case of a dirty, dusty, or bad situation of the cartridge. So, to make the printhead work properly, you need to clean it thoroughly with a lint-free cloth. Here are the steps you can follow for the cleaning process:
- Firstly, take the ink cartridge out of the printhead securely.
- Then, take the lint-free cloth and dip it in the distilled water. Rinse the cloth properly and clean the cartridge thoroughly.
- After that, leave the cartridge to get dry properly. As it dries, place it in its slot securely.
- Close the main door of the cartridge now.
- Finally, send the command to the printer to test the work. Check if the problem HP Printer Printhead Failed or Missing persists or not. If not, then try to resolve it using the next step.
- Perform Pending Software Updates
The user may also face an HP Printer Printhead that Appears to be a Missing issue in case of any pending update with the driver. So, follow the steps below to proceed with the solution of HP Printer Printhead Failed or Missing.
- Firstly, turn ON the PC and open the web browser. Make sure you are using the latest version of the browser
- Then, navigate to the official HP website.
- After that, go to the “Driver and Software Download Page”.
- Then, go to ‘Printers’ and type the model number of the HP printer you are using.
- Then, click the ‘Submit’ button.
- After that, the screen will show you the driver that is compatible with the printer. You can install the driver for the accurate functioning of the printer.
- Expand the ‘Printer’s Firmware’ section.
- Click on the ‘Download’ button.
- After successful download, click on the link to open the file and install it on your device. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the installation.
- Finally, check for the solution to the HP Printer Printhead Failed or Missing.