HP Printer is a reliable and cost-saving machine that can handle all of your printing and scanning tasks. So, you can use the HP printers at home, offices, and business. It operates with fully-fledged functionality providing high-quality prints with high productivity. But, there are times when you may face some issues while working with the printer. One of the main problems that a large number of people face with their printer is ‘How to fix HP Printer Says No Paper’. So, here we will discuss various steps which help you to resolve the trouble; HP Printer Says No Paper or Paper Tray and Won’t Print. Also Read:- step by step guide to resolve : Brother Printer Stopped Scanning
Why My HP Printer Says No Paper or Paper Tray and Won’t Print
There can be various reasons for the HP printing not printing on the paper, even when you insert the paper properly into the input tray. You need to configure the proper reason behind the problem, to work on it and resolve it completely. Here is the list,
- Printer Not Responding
- The printer goes to sleep mode
- Printer settings not fixed
- Paper jamming issue
- The Paper roller is dirty
- Paper specifications do not match
- Overloading Input tray
- Paper not clean
- Outdated drivers
How to Fix HP Printer Says No Paper? Troubleshooting Steps To Resolve the Problem
- Reset the Printer
Firstly, we can resolve the problem ‘How to fix HP Printer Says No Paper’ by resetting the Printer. To perform this action, switch OFF the printer, and unplug it from the main power source. Follow the steps below to perform the reset:
- Firstly, switch OFF the Printer.
- After that, unplug the power cord from the main source.
- Now, wait for 20 seconds.
- Plugin the main power source again.
- Connect the printer and switch it ON.
- lastly, check for the success of ‘HP Printer Says No Paper or Paper Tray and Won’t Print.
If you get the solution, then you may continue with the printing tasks. Otherwise, move to the steps below to resolve the problem.
- Check and Reload the Paper
Secondly, you can get the solution for How to fix HP Printer Says No Paper, by checking the paper’s status and position. If the paper is not in its correct state or manner, then you need to reload the paper accurately. Moreover, make sure that the paper is not folded from its ends or in-between. Check the paper for any:
Apart from that, also make sure that the paper specifications are compatible with the printer. If the paper is following the printer, then only you may be able to print your task.
Check the size and type of the paper tray. It must be compatible and follow the Printer.
Make the edges of the paper flat by tapping it on a plain surface. Do not overload the papers into the tray. So, fill the paper up to the maximum mark, as depicted on the input tray. Check for the solution of ‘HP Printer Says No Paper or Paper Tray and Won’t Print.
Related :- 123.hp.com/setup
- Set the Paper Settings
Match the paper settings to the printing document. Follow the steps below to resolve How to fix HP Printer Says No Paper.
- Firstly, open the file which you want to print.
- Secondly, go to the ‘File’ option in the menu bar.
- Click the ‘Print’ option. The screen will open a Print dialog box.
- Click on the ‘Properties’ option.
- Hit the ‘Features’ option to check the paper type and settings.
- Click on the ‘Size’ option to open the drop-down menu.
- After that, check the paper size.
- Now, click on the ‘Type’ option, and check the paper type.
- Match the size and type with the paper you insert in the tray.
- Lastly, click on the OK button.
Now, check for the solution of How to fix HP Printer Says No Paper, and print the document. If the machine prints the paper successfully, then it means you are successful in resolving the problem. Otherwise, follow the next step.
- Cleaning Paper Rollers
The users may also face the issue ‘HP Printer Says No Paper or Paper Tray and Won’t Print’ if there is any dust on the paper rollers, and the rollers are not clean thoroughly. Follow the steps below to clean the paper rollers:
- Firstly, turn the printer OFF.
- Now, disconnect it from the main power source.
- After that, open the rear of the access door.
- Now, take a fresh cloth and wet it using boiled water. Rub the cloth over the roller and clean it thoroughly.
- Keep the roller open, and let it dry completely.
- After that, close the rear access door properly by giving it a slight push.
- Connect the power cord with the main power source and another end to the HP Printer.
- Switch ON the printer.
- After that, again send the printing command.
- Check for the success of the printing operation. It helps you to get the solution for ‘How to fix HP Printer Says No Paper’.
- Update the Printer Drivers
Another solution for the problem ‘How to fix HP Printer Says No Paper’ can be by updating the printer drivers. If the drivers are outdated, then it may cause serious issues with the printing tasks. To update the driver, go to the official HP website. Check for the driver and software package. Fill up the name and model number of the device. Check for the download option. Download and install the driver directly from the site. Check for the solution of the problem HP Printer Says No Paper or Paper Tray and Won’t Print.
- Service the Printing Machine
Lastly, the user can go for the service of the printing machine if all the other troubleshooting procedures fail. You can reach the HP support assistance team for the service of the product. After the thorough service, the printer will run with full flexibility and functionality. Moreover, it will help you to directly resolve the problem. Always prefer to get the service from an expert professional.