Hp Printers are the most reliable and efficient printers that are suitable for official and personal use. You can print, copy and scan the files using HP Printer with high-quality and low cost. HP Printer Setup process includes downloading and installation of drivers, connection of the printer to WIFI, and connecting the printer to a computer or other devices. For the setup process, make sure to download the drivers from the authorized site only. After that, you can perform the connection process with any device for remote printing and scanning services. However, you can also connect the printer and the device using a wired connection with the help of a USB cable. Also Read:- Quick Guide to Fix HP Printer Says No Paper
Device Compatibility for HP Printer Setup – HP Printer System Requirements
Various devices work well with HP Printers. You can download and install the HP software package on these devices and connect your printer wirelessly for remote printing and scanning. So, here are the system requirements.
- Windows 7
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista
- OS X
How to Download and Install Printer Driver for HP Printer Setup
To use the HP printer for wireless printing and scanning from your device directly, you need to first install the driver and software package corresponding to it. Make sure to download the drivers from the authorized site only. So, here are the steps to follow:
- Firstly, switch ON the device that is compatible with the HP printer.
- Then, open the web browser and type the official HP link, https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/printers
- After that, select your country or region.
- Then, a new page will open up on the screen. Enter the HP Printer model number in the blank field at “Enter your Product Name”
- Click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- After that, the screen will show the driver and software package compatible with it.
- Now, hit the download button next to it.
- Wait for the download to complete.
- After that, open the downloaded file to run the installer.
- Agree to the terms and conditions of the installer wizard.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Finally, the screen will show the success message for the proper installation of the drivers.
So, your computer is now ready to connect to the printer for www 123 hp com setup. You can connect the computer and send the commands directly for scanning and printing.
How to Connect HP Printer Over a Wireless Network – HP Printer Wireless Setup using HP Smart App
To connect the HP printer, you can either use the wired method or the wireless method. The wired method requires the connection of the device using a USB cable. But it does not allow remote printing and also generates connection issues.
So, it is better to connect the printer using the wireless method. It requires a connection over a network running with high-speed internet. You can use HP Smart App for a quick connection. So, follow the steps below:
- Firstly, download and install HP Smart App on your device from the authorized App Store or Play Store.
- Now, check your printer to be in WIFI Setup mode.
- Press the Wireless button, then select Setup Menu.
- After that, press the Network Setup option. Then click on the ‘Restore Network Setup’ option.
- Press the wireless button and hold it until the wireless light flashes.
- Click on ‘Setup’.
- Choose the network name and after that enter the password.
- Click on the ‘Continue’ button.
- Finally, check the connection for printing.
HP Printer Setup Connection Using WIFI Direct Method – Print with Wi-Fi Direct
Another method that you can use to connect the printer over a network is by Wi-Fi Direct option. So, follow the steps below to proceed:
- Firstly, switch ON your computer and open the control panel.
- Then, click on ‘Printer and Scanner’.
- After that, click on ‘Add a printer.
- At the bottom, click on ‘Show Wi-Fi Direct Printers’.
- Click on the name of your printer from the list. Choose the name that starts with DIRECT with the printer’s name.
- Click on the ‘Add Device’ option.
- After that, the computer screen will show a pop-up window asking for a PIN.
- Go to the control panel of your printer and check for the PIN.
- Enter the same PIN into the computer pop-up asking for it.
- Hit the Next button.
- After that, open the file or document for printing and send the command.
- If the file prints successfully, it means the connection is established.
How Do I Connect My HP Wireless Printer to Mac? – HP Printer Setup on Mac
To connect the printer wirelessly to your Mac device, follow the steps below:
- Firstly, open the Apple menu, and click on System Preferences.
- After that, click on Printers and Scanners.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Click on the name of your printer.
- Click on the ‘Add’ button.
- It completes the HP Printer Setup process.
- You can now print directly from the Mac device with the remote connection. Make sure to connect both devices to the same network for a successful connection.
How do I Connect My HP Printer to Windows Wirelessly Over a Network?
To connect the HP printer with the Windows device, firstly connect both devices to the same network for HP Printer Setup. After that, follow the steps below to connect the device wirelessly and print the task remotely.
- Firstly, switch ON your device with Windows OS
- Open the control panel and move to Devices and Printers.
- After that, select the ‘Printer and Scanner’ option.
- Click on ‘Add a printer.
- Choose the name of your HP Printer from the drop-down list.
- Then, click on the ‘Add’ button.
- Close all windows.
- Now, send a print or scan command to the printer from the device and check for a successful connection between the two.
How Do I Setup My HP Printer Wirelessly?
For the HP Printer Setup over a network, you can use HP Smart App. It allows a direct and simple process for the setup. Download the app on your device, and click on the wireless button. Add the name of your device and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup.
How Do I Get my HP Printer to Connect to the Computer?
To connect the HP Printer with a compatible computer, you can either use the wired connection via USB cable, or a wireless connection using the internet.