Roku is a prominent manufacturer and distributor of online media players. These devices allow users to stream various shows, movies and channels easily with the help of a wireless network. They are like advance consoles offer hassle-free streaming directly to the smartphones, desktops and televisions. With numerous features and functions, Roku devices always offer reliable user experience but unlike nay other streaming devices sometimes they create a nuisance as well. Most of the users face connectivity issues with the Roku devices and get Roku Error Code 014.40 while trying to establish a successful connection with the devices. If you are one of those users who is unable to connect your Roku devices and get Roku Error Code 014.40 then don’t get tensed as these issues can be resolved easily by following some reliable troubleshooting steps.
Common Reasons Why Your Roku Device Is Getting Roku Error Code 014.40!
Before starting any troubleshooting process it is mandatory to get the exact factor which is responsible for the Roku Error Code 014.40. As Roku devices have inbuilt memory and processor it is suggested by experts that users need to follow all the troubleshooting steps carefully. Some of the factors which result in Error Code 014.40are listed below:
Improper Wi-Fi Details – One of the main factor by which users get the Roku Error Code 014.40 is when users enter the wrong password or SSID while making the connection. As Roku need a stable internet connection to perform the desired work improper password can hamper the streaming experience and users need to face the error code 014.40.
Cache Files To offer the most reliable user experience and to decrease the loading time of the streaming services, some of the configurations of Roku devices use cache. However, as the time passes these configurations can be get corrupted and users get the Roku Error Code 014.40.
Mac Filtering Issues – Roku Error Code 014.40 can also affect the streaming experience when the mac filtering option for the router is switched on. To resolve the issues and enjoy hassle-free experience users need to check whether their mac id is banned by the ISP or not.
These are the basic factors which result in Roku Error Code 014.40. Now check all the factors carefully and get your hand on the most reliable troubleshooting method.
Also check:- Roku Error Code 009
Troubleshooting Methods Used To Eliminate Roku Error Code 014.40!
Some easy steps and methods are listed below by which users can easily eliminate the error and get a reliable experience:
Solution 1: Reinitializing Network Configurations Of Router
When the Wi-Fi SSID or password is not configured properly users automatically get the Roku Error Code 014.40 while making connections. To eliminate users need to reinitialize the network settings by following listed steps:
- First of all, use the Roku smart remote and navigate the setting menu available on your TV.
- Now open the system option and choose advance system settings from the list.
- Then enter the reset code appeared on the screen of your TV.
- Users need to follow all the instructions as appeared on the screen and complete the reset configurations process.
- Restart your device and you will get pop up to connect the device with the network.
- Now choose the wireless connection option as you get the wireless or wired option. Choose the desired option and click on the ok.
- Now choose the available Wi-Fi network from the list
- Correctly enter the SSID or password and click on the connect option.
- Wait until the connection is completed. If the issues still persist follow another method.
Solution 2: Power Cycle The Devices
If above-listed steps don’t work for you then the issues must be associated with the cache files. Cache file of your devices may be get corrected or prevent the device to make a proper connection which results in Roku Error Code 014.40. Follow below-listed steps and perform power recycling of your device:
- First of all, disconnect the Roku device from the console and switch it off.
- After that switch of the router and console as well.
- Unplug all the devices from the power source.
- After that press and hold the power button for two minutes when they are unplugged.
- Now plug them again.
- Reconnect the Roku to the console and check whether the issue is resolved or not.
- After that make sure that the mac id is not banned by your ISP from the Roku device.
When none of the methods helps you in resolving the Roku Error Code 014.40 you need to call on Roku Customer Service Number and connect with the technicians who can handle all the issues instantly. If you need any assistance related to anything reach out to helpdesk and get much-needed experience from your Roku device.