Echo Dot Blinking Yellow
Call Now +1-805-295-2540
What Is Echo Dot –
Echo Dot is a smart speaker designed and developed by Amazon. The device can be used for the purpose of playing music, setting alarms and timers. You can also use it to control the lights in your house. Similarly, it can also be used to control the Television. You can command the device to turn on or turn off the television.
What Does The Light Ring On Your Echo Dot Indicates –
The light ring on the Echo Dot tells us of various notifications and errors. Following is a list of various colors of light and what they mean –
The ring on the Echo Dot has been designed to indicate the users of various notifications and alerts.
The light ring turning blue indicates that the Echo Dot has just heard a command and is ready to pick it up from there. If the device has been lying idle for some time, the ring will turn solid blue in color combined with little hint of cyan.
This suggests that the device is listening to the speaker.
also check :- Echo Dot Blue Ring Of Death
If The Ring flashes Orange in color, it means your device is facing connectivity issues. The device might be facing issues connecting to the wi-fi network. If the orange light continues to flash, check your internet connection.
The Ring flashing violet color indicates that you have set the Echo Dot on Do Not Disturb mode. The violet light eventually turns off, which indicates that the device has shut down.
The Green flashing light ring indicates you of an incoming call.
The Echo Dot Blinking Yellow indicates that the device has a waiting notification for you. Although, Amazon did never release any information on the subject relating to the yellow light ring on their Echo Dot.
Since the Echo Dot has been signed into you Amazon account, it tells you of all the vital and non-vital information regarding your orders from Amazon.
Echo Dot Blinking Yellow –
And the Echo Dot Blinking Yellow often indicates that your latest order has been dispatched or is about to be delivered.
The yellow light ring updates you on the status of orders you have placed on Amazon. Echo Dot will blink yellow every time there is an update on you Amazon order.
The Echo Dot device will also tell you of what the upcoming shipping contains. You are suggested to opt out of this notification using the Alexa application.
If you want to get rid of the Echo Dot Blinking Yellow, you can ask the device to tell you what the notification is.
Once the device has informed you of the message the yellow ring goes away. You can change the settings on the Alexa application from your smartphone.
But if you want to turn off the notification to get rid of the Echo Dot Blinking Yellow issue, you can follow these steps –
- Open the Alexa application on the smartphone you are using with the Echo Dot.
- Tap the Menu icon at the top left corner of the screen. Once the menu opens, scroll trough the options and go to ‘Settings’
- Select ‘Notification’ therefrom. Then select the ‘Amazon Shopping’ option.
- This will lead you to the page that displays all the settings regarding the notification on the Echo Dot. You can opt out of the ‘Out for delivery’ and ‘Delivered’ notifications.
- This will help you get rid of the yellow light ring on the Echo Dot.
Another way of getting rid of the Echo Dot Blinking Yellow is to hide your orders from Alexa. You can do so by –
- Open the Alexa application on your smartphone and go to the Menu. The Menu icon is located at the top left corner of the screen.
- Once you are on the menu screen, go to the ‘Settings’ and then to ‘Notifications’.
- Go to the ‘Amazon Shopping’ option form there.
- There you will see an option ‘Give ordered item’s titles’ This notification is responsible for the detailed messages regarding the orders you have placed at Amazon.
If you turn off the settings for this, The Echo Dot wont blurt out every minute detail about your order.
Even after turning off this notification setting, the Echo Dot will still tell you the status of your order, but it would not notify you of the item that has been ordered.
You can also turn off the Amazon Voice Purchasing options hereof, this feature enables everyone who uses the Echo Dot to place an order from your Amazon account.
Hopefully, this helps you fix “Echo Dot Blinking Yellow” problem. We are sure you’ll find them helpful either now or in the future. We even suggest our users to take Amazon Alexa Support expert advice while facing any issue related to Alexa.