Call Now: +1-928-235-9909
Uninstall CCleaner- The Best Ways And Steps To Do It
CCleaner, earlier called Crap Cleaner, is a utility application designed by Piriform. It is used by users everywhere for cleaning potentially unwanted Internet files and invalid Windows Registry entries, where potentially harmful codesand programs tend to reside and do much of harm to your computer. While it provides tons of useful services to keep your computer running smoothly, there may be reasons when you may want to Uninstall CCleaner. One such reason is when you find that its older version is outdated and must be removed for reinstallation.
CCleaner usersalso discover that when they openthe Task Manager and choose the “Processes” tab, CCleaner can be seen to be using a big portion of the system resource (ccSvHst.exe) of their computer. That’s another reasonsyou may want to uninstall itfrom your devices. Yet another reason could be CCleaner making your system slower to certain extent. Whatever the reason, having decided to remove CCleaner, when you tryremoving CCleaner via Control Panel,CCleaner Won’t Uninstall completely and canstill be found there. However, there are ways to eliminate CCleaner from your system and we will see the best methods and ways to do it correctly.
Issues In Uninstalling the CCleaner Application
- An error has occurred while Uninstalling CCleaner. Not all of the files were successfully uninstalled.
- Files and folders of CCleaner can be still be found in the hard disk even after doing the necessary uninstallation.
- A file needed for the uninstallation to happen successfully could not be run.
- You may not have proper access to CCleaner for uninstalling it.
- CCleaner Won’t Uninstall because another process is using the file thereby stopping CCleaner from being uninstalled.
- CCleaner cannot be found in the Programs and Features area of the computer.
CCleaner cannot be uninstalled still owing to many other reasons. When CCleaner fails to uninstall completely, it may cause many issues for your system. So, it’s really necessary to Uninstall CCleaner properly and comprehensively and remove all of its files from your device.
Uninstalling CCleaner In The Safe Mode
To make it sure that CCleaner removes completely, you can chooseto get rid of CCleaner in the Safe Mode. For this, you need to reboot your computer to enter the Safe Mode. For Windows 8/8.1user,use Shift + Restart to reach safe mode. Here the steps to follow to remove CCleaner:
- During the opening of the Windows login screen,press the “Power” button or in the Settings, press “Shift” on your keyboard and “Restart”.
- When prompted to select an option, click on “Troubleshoot”.
- In the Troubleshoot window, click on “Advanced options”.
- Within the Advanced options screen, click on “Startup Settings”.
- You will be told that now you are going to restart for modifying several Windows options, which include activating Safe Mode.Click on “Restart” for a step to Uninstall CCleaner.
- With this, your PC or device restarts and presents you with multiplestartupconfigurations. Press “F4” on your keyboard to activate Safe Mode. Press “F5” key to activate Safe Mode with Networking. Press “F6” to activate Safe Mode with Command Prompt.
- Now, make sure you’re running your PC as an administrator.Try removing CCleaner through normal steps and methods from the control panel. Remember to shut down CCleaner before you take actions to remove it completely.
3. CCleaner Won’t Uninstall – removing CCleaner from Control Panel.
Windows 7 user: Click on “Start” button at the bottom left of your screen or simply press the Windows key on your keyboard. Or move your mouse cursor to the “Control Panel” icon and then click on it.Choose “Uninstall a program” under the Programs column. In case you are a Windows XP user, you need to click on Add or Remove Programs to start to Uninstall CCleaner.
Windows 8 user: Hover your mouse to the lower right area of the screen until you see the a bar popping up from the right side.In the search box emerging, type “control panel” and press the “Enter”. Select “Uninstall a program” under the Programs.
To begin, double click on CCleaner and follow the default uninstaller to move ahead until this gets over.
Uninstall CCleaner from Windows Registry Editor
When CCleaner Won’t Uninstall with normal method from the control panel, try this option. As a matter of fact, your every program entry is written on the Windows Registry during installation. So when you need to fully remove any one of these, you cannot skip this area. However, any wrong removal could spoil other useful programs as well.It is advisable therefore to export the whole Registry as a back-up and save it to any directory of your choice in case of any error happening during uninstallation.
On Windows 7: Press the “Windows” key or click on “Start” button. Type “regedit” in the box and press Enter.
On Windows 8: In the search box, type “regedit” and hit the “Enter” key on your keyboard as a step to Uninstall CCleaner.
This will open up the Registry Editor in a new window. You need toDelete everything under HKEY_CURRENT_USER/software/Piriform.
5. In the end, reboot your PC.
This is the best way to remove CCleaner and its components completely when CCleaner Won’t Uninstall fully with any other method.
Simpler Solution to Remove CCleaner
Instead of taking the path through Registry Editor and Control Panel you can do the following:
1. Download and install Total Uninstaller.
2. Run it and you will find a list of all the applications currently installed on your system. Look for the CCleaner icon, select it and click on the blue Run button to start the procedure toUninstall CCleaner.
3. Check on all names displayed in the new list and press the Complete Uninstall button.
4. After going for a few seconds, it will provide you the option to Scan for Leftovers or cleaning from Windows Registry. Simply click the Delete Leftovers button.
Both by the above mentioned regular means as well as by recommended toolsyou can Uninstall CCleaner and other potentially unwanted programs even when CCleaner Won’t Uninstall by normal means.
Reinstalling CCleaner to Uninstall
When the file that is necessary to uninstall CCleaner is damaged or cannot be found, it will not be able to uninstall the application from your computer. In such a situation, reinstalling CCleaner may do the needful. You need to run the CCleaner installer either in the downloaded file or via original disk to reinstall the program. It is quite a possibility that the installer may also allow you to repair or Uninstall CCleaner on its own.
Uninstalling CCleaner Automatically
It is recommended that you can use any professional uninstall tool to get rid of CCleaner from your system easily in case you don’t know much about the computer system and how to go about the uninstallation steps. Download any efficient and well-known uninstaller from a trusted website to Uninstall CCleaner
Any helpful uninstall application will assist you to remove unwanted application from your system without leaving any trace whatsoever.This it does by scanning all connected applications and programs and also by scanning all the related parts in the registry files. In this manner, all parts with connections to this CCleaner would be removed completely from the system without any trace.This is most helpful when CCleaner Won’t Uninstall by normal means and methods.