Call Now: +1-805-295-2540
Uninstall Webroot From Systems And Devices With The Best Steps Here
While uninstalling Webroot SecureAnywhere can have its reason, as a matter of fact, the antivirus application leaves you hardly in doubt about its use and efficacy across a range of systems. It excels in providing you one of the finest malware protection round-the-clock that is qualitative and strong. Enjoy cybersecurity at its best with Webroot antivirus with a digital life that ensures durability for your connected devices and security for your data and transactions. Malfunctions might sometimes necessitate reinstallation of the software. If you have technical issues with Webroot SecureAnywhere, or if you want it to upgrade to a newer version or even try a different security software, you need to Uninstall Webroot from your device.
Any new setup of Webroot SecureAnywhere is designed in such a manner that you require to delete/uninstall any older version of the software from your system before you download a new one on your PC. Though you can remove any software application using the add/remove programs on Windows system, an antivirus is known to leave some remnants that also need complete removal. Webroot Uninstall Tool is that application that ensures that Webroot antivirus system is completely eliminated from your system to make it more effective and suited for other programs to function normally. Here we go on to describe the various ways to Uninstall Webroot from your devices and systems.
How to Remove Webroot SecureAnywhere With Windows Application Wizard
Since Webroot SecureAnywhere might pose some problem during its uninstallation to the uninitiated, there are several methods you can use to remove it. The following is the easiest way to delete Webroot from your PC.
- Press and hold the Windows and R keys at the same time to open the Run box.
- Now, key in appwiz.cpl in the Run box and click on OK. Alternatively, you can open the Control Panel and select Uninstall a Program.
- Go through the Uninstall screen till you find the Webroot application.
- Right-click on Webroot, then click the Uninstall Webroot button.
- Now, you might still get a notification that the Webroot antivirus is still running on your system. In that case, go to the taskbar and right-click on the Webroot icon and choose Shut Down.
- Now, enter the reCAPTCHA, click the continue button to uninstall the application antivirus completely from your PC.
Removing Webroot Using Webroot Uninstall Tool
While you are uninstalling Webroot SecureAnywhere, in some cases, it does not get completely removed from your computer. To make the process of uninstallation complete, Webroot offers two clean-up tools that works to remove all traces of the software from your system. These are small utility tools to Uninstall Webroot security products comprehensively from the system.
These tools are compatible with Windows 7, 8, 10 , XP and work with both the 64 bit as well as 32 bit platforms. You need to download Webroot uninstaller and upgrade utility called Webroot Clean WDF tool, which can quickly and perfectly remove the previous Webroot programs from your computer. Here we will see how it is done with the best steps:
Step-1: Download the Webroot Uninstall Tool
- Open the web browser application and go to the Webroot official website.
- Look for the CleanWDF Webroot utility tool that is compatible with your computer system and go for its download.
- Save the tool on the desktop for easy access to Uninstall Webroot.
Step-2: Create a restore point
- In case you have not turned the System Restore feature on, go to the Control Panel, go to the menu for System Restore, and enable the feature.
- Having done that, open the Windows Explorer, right-click the Computer directory, and choose Properties.
- Choose the System Properties and select “Create” to make a restore point on your system.
Step-3: Run the Webroot CleanWDF tool
- Thereafter, double-click the Webroot Uninstall Tool on the desktop to open it.
- Now, click on the ‘Clean’ button, and the uninstall utility begins to clean the Webroot Firewall program on your device.
- Next, if prompted by the tool, restart the computer as a next step to Uninstall Webroot program from your computer.
- In case you do not receive any restart message, click OK, and select Close.
Step-4: Run the Webroot WRUpgrade Utility
- Visit the Webroot official website to get the WRUpgrade tool; download and install it on your computer.
- Now, open the tool to run it, complete the clean-up steps, and click Close.
- Then, when prompted, restart the computer to Uninstall Webroot.
Webroot SecureAnywhere uninstall From Mac
When you go for uninstalling the Webroot SecureAnywhere application from your Mac, you must first of all make sure the application is shut down. This can be best done by choosing the Webroot icon in the menu bar of the Mac device, then clicking on Shut Down SecureAnywhere. You can also hold the control key and click the application icon in the Dock and select Quit.
To uninstall Webroot SecureAnywhere, you need to follow the below instructions:
- Open the Webroot SecureAnywhere application.
- Click Webroot SecureAnywhere on the top left corner of the window.
- Choose About SecureAnywhere.
- In the pop-up that comes up, click on Uninstall Webroot SecureAnywhere.
- In the pop-up that emerges, click Yes. This will uninstall the Webroot SecureAnywhere program.
If the Webroot SecureAnywhere icon is found to the dock, you need to pull it to the trash for fully removing it.
Uninstalling Webroot Antivirus from the Android Device
Mobile devices provide the easiest means to hack a system for valuable data and transaction information. Mostly due to the fact that they do not comply with security measures and there are plenty fake apps on the play store which generally do not cover the user with any security measures. So for Webroot upgradation or to eliminate any error with the application, the user must uninstall the Webroot antivirus with the following steps:
- First, go to the Webroot antivirus app.
- Press and hold the Webroot antivirus icon for nearly 3 seconds.
- Press the app info option to clear the storage and cache memory as a step to Uninstall Webroot.
- When you see the clear cache and clear storage option, touch on the clear storage option. The cache will be cleared automatically.
- After this, press the back button and tap the uninstall option to Uninstall Webroot from your device.
Removing Webroot from the endpoint machines
When you need to uninstall SecureAnywhere and are not able to do so because the options cannot be found, you can use the following steps to resolve the problem with Webroot Uninstall Tool:
- First ensure correct display configuration.
- Open the main interface.
- Click Settings, then choose Basic setup.
- Now, uncheck the boxes next to “display Webroot in the Start Menu” and “Display Webroot in Add/Remove Programs”.
- Click on Save All. After saving these settings, re-check the boxes next to “display Webroot in the Start Menu” and “display Webroot in Add/Remove Programs”. Then click on Save All once again.
- Having re-checked the correct selections, now try uninstalling Webroot from the Start>All Programs>Webroot SecureAnywhere>Tools> Uninstall Webroot or from Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs.